Securing Good is a one year initiative for schools judged as requiring improvement by Ofsted that has proven to deliver measurable impact. This is regularly acknowledged in school inspection reports - 83% of our cohorts so far achieved Good or Outstanding inspection grades and we have already seen seven schools out of last year's cohort move to Good in 2016 alone.
Each participating school is assigned dedicated support in the form of a Consultant Head. These collaborations effect sustainable, positive change and the close working partnerships that form with the Consultant Head and their school often extend well beyond the year. Also provided are three one-day conferences exploring effective strategies for transforming schools.
During each seminar, speakers share their experiences and insight, including consultants, Ofsted inspectors and Heads who have progressed their schools from Requires Improvement to Good and even Outstanding.
Securing Good focuses on the following key inspection criteria:
- Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Outcomes for Pupils
- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
The emphasis is on providing tailored support, enabling participating schools to:
- Target key issues and overcome them
- Adopt best practice and implement new strategies
- Realise potential masked by current issues
- Access other LLS programmes