We are recruiting 8 senior leaders / consultants to support the work of the Whole School SEND Consortium as Associate SEND Leaders.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the work of the Whole School SEND Consortium, supporting Local Authorities and Opportunity Areas by feeding into work aimed at embedding and sharing good SEND practice at school and system level, working across mainstream schools, special schools and MATs.
Associate SEND Leaders will directly support Whole School SEND Chair Anita Kerwin-Nye and Director of Whole School SEND Simon Knight. They will receive priority on future recruitment of WSS programmes and be able to feed into the development of Whole School SEND moving forward.
This will be 7 month post, starting in September 2017. There is a guaranteed bank of at least 10 days, with the total number likely to be between 20-30 days.
- some system leader experience e.g. NLE, SLE, SEND Reviewer etc. both training and in practice
- excellent practice e.g. as SENCO, headteacher, classroom teacher etc.
- good understanding of evidence base underpinning SEND
- commitment to sharing learning e.g. happy to learn how to present at conferences, how to speak to media etc.
For more information contact email@example.com.
One of our partners - The Centre for Inclusive Education (CIE), based in the UCL Institute of Education (IOE) - is hiring a Professional Development Co-ordinator for a joint project with LLS:
The Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants (MITA) project aims to improve schools’ deployment of teaching assistants in classrooms and ensure they make a valuable contribution to learning.
The Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants (MITA) Co-ordinator will have a prominent role in coordinating and contributing to one of the IOE’s flagship knowledge exchange projects, providing consultancy and training on two aspects of our MITA initiative:
1. A new efficacy trial of MITA, funded by the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). The postholder will take a key role in the organisation and delivery of the project, in particular leading and delivering school improvement and staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities. For more information, visit www.maximisingtas.co.uk/projects/mita-eef-project.php
2. To assist in the delivery, coordination and promotion of the MITA Direct programme for school leaders, and conduct school-based training via our Maximising the Practice of Teaching Assistants (MPTA) course. MPTA is a joint-CPD project with University of East London.
For both 1 & 2, the postholder will be required to coordinate and contribute to strategic development training sessions for school leaders, undertake school-based reviews of the use of TAs, and provide strategic and operational advice to school leaders on improving the preparation, deployment and development of Teaching Assistants (TAs). You will also lead on delivering our MPTA training for TAs and teachers. Additionally, the postholder will contribute to the strategic development and implementation of MITA & MPTA, with a view to ensuring their scalability and sustainability.
|UCL Department / Division||UCL Insititue of Education|
Specific unit / Sub department
|Department of Psycholgoy and Human Development|
|Hours||Part time (29.2 hours per week (80% FTE)|
|Salary (inc. London Allowance)||£42,304 - £49,904 per annum|
The post is available and funded from 01/09/2017 until 30/06/2018 in the first instance. For more information and to apply click here.
Are you interested in joining the LLS team as a School Consultant?
We pride ourselves on working with the very best in the education sector and would love to hear from you if you want to use your experience to help other schools.
Please find the Expression of Interest form below.
For more information or to submit an Expression of Interest form get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: in line with our ethos we work primarily with school consultants who currently work in schools in a leadership role.
|Project Officer||Programme Officer BML (1).docx, Equal_Opportunities__Monitoring_Form v2 (1).docx|
|Teaching Assistant Reviewer for MITA (Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants)||Teaching Assistant Reviewer Job Description.docx, TA Reviewer - Expression of Interest Form.docx|
|School Consultant||School Consultant Expression of Interest Form FINAL.docx|