The Focused School Visits programme is based on the premise that ‘actions speak louder than words’. It gives school leaders the opportunity to visit a school operating either within the same or a different context to his or her own school, focusing on observing ‘good practice in action’ in a specific area.
The programme consists of either a half day or one-day visit to a school with a particular area of expertise, providing the opportunity to observe others’ practice and strategies in action.
Tailored visits will be organised by the head of the host school or a designated senior leader. Depending on the key focus, the visit may consist of any combination of the following:
- Lesson observations
- Departmental visits
- Whole school learning walk
- Meetings with key individuals
- Joint action planning
Optional peer follow-up visits can also be arranged.
- Improved attainment and achievement
- A greater understanding of different school contexts
- Sharing of good practice
- Peer networking opportunities
- Improved teaching practice
- Improved teaching and learning