The aim of this programme is to support good secondary schools in their endeavour to become great. The programme helps schools to continually improve and develop good practices that enable them to achieve ‘outstanding’ in their Ofsted inspections.
The programme focuses support at headteachers and senior leaders through providing access to mentoring, conferences, teacher improvement support, training and knowledge sharing and free educational texts. The programme has made a significant impact on the schools involved and is said to be “Excellent, enriching and inspiring”.
The programme offers Ofsted rated ‘good’ secondary schools:
- The opportunity to attend a conference at a venue in central London each term at which eminent speakers deliver presentations on the features of great schools and school improvement. Previously guest speakers have included Matthew Syed, Professor Guy Claxton and Tim Brighouse.Colleagues from G2G and other London schools (and often their students) also give presentations or run workshops on interesting initiatives they have introduced, raising attainment strategies and their journey from good to outstanding.
Seminars are from 9am -3pm, with lunch and networking.
- The opportunity for the Heads of Maths and English to attend a termly workshop at a venue in central London at which they will network with other Heads of Department, participate in activities on aspects of subject leadership and listen to presentations from subject experts and experienced, successful, middle and senior leaders.
The support helps you to:
- Network and actively collaborate with a broad range of schools at a similar point in their journey of school improvement
- Reflect and evaluate your school’s strengths and areas for development
- Access, adapt and implement a wide range of raising attainment and school improvement ideas and strategies
- Prepare for an OFSTED outstanding judgement