Our experienced headteachers have been trained to facilitate the process of performance management for headteachers.
- To support, coach and advise the governing body’s Performance Review Panel (PRP) in the process.
- To support, coach and advise headteachers in the performance management process.
- To enable a successful outcome that is positive and constructive for both the further development of the school and for the professional development of the headteacher.
- To help strengthen the synergy between the headteacher and the governing body
One of our team will contact the headteacher for an initial meeting in order to see if the proposed match is likely to work. A governor from the school’s PRP might also attend this meeting.
If the match is agreed, then the following will occur:
- The LLS will agree a timeline for the work. This is likely to involve 2 sessions per year.
- An initial session takes place, which will review the year’s performance management targets and establish objectives for the year ahead (normally the Autumn Term).
- The LLS headteacher will write up agreed review and objectives, circulate for confirmation and agree the date/time for a mid year review.
- The mid-year review takes place.